Monday, November 2, 2009

Nationals

So it's been a whirlwind week. Before I could leave on Wednesday with my ultimate frisbee team for our national tournament in Sarasota, Florida, I had to take 1 exam, 1 midterm, and 2 quizzes. Tuesday and Wednesday as a result turned into rest days, both because I had no time to work out but also to rest my body for the long weekend.

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday was chock full of frisbee frisbee frisbee. We ended up breaking seed (13th) and ended up placing 11th in the tournament, which I'm pretty proud of, even though I feel that we did not necessarily play to our potential at times. All three days were hot as Hades (sunny, high 80s/low 90s, and high humidity), though, which negatively impacted my own play along with the play of everyone else. My lower body felt terrible, partly because of all the running (I hadn't done much with cleats on in the past month) on the progressively harder fields, but I for the most part enjoyed myself throughout the weekend.

Sunday was a rest/travel day, and today will likely be one more rest day as I catch up on schoolwork and life.

No comments: