Monday, September 27, 2010

Friday I played golf instead of working out. Saturday (FGB day) was a frigging debacle - I DNF'd after 1.2 crappy rounds as a result of a combination of many factors, including terrible preparation (too much wine and not enough water and breakfast), inadequate sleep for the past week, and an oncoming cold. Later in the day I did the back-off workouts for press and bench press, and then laid around feeling woozy for the next 36 hours. Took the day off from work today and as a result of the extra rest felt much better this afternoon, so I did:

1 ring dip every minute for 10 minutes

Back squat:

5 @ 112.5
5 @ 130
>5 @ 145*

*Finished with 11 reps.

I then got 4 rounds through Death By Clean and Jerk (95 lbs) before becoming concerned about my shoulder, so I finished the day off with some more volume work:

10 box jumps (18") every minute for 10 minutes

No comments: