Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Daily Affirmation


This has been talked about a lot in the Crossfit blogosphere lately, and Stuart Smalley has been hammering this point home for nearly two decades, but I still find it amazing how much further a PMA can get me. Seriously, whether I'm dealing with a WOD, grad school applications, or the constant urge to consume a pint of coconut ice cream in one sitting, I've discovered that a little positive self-talk can go a long way. This especially applies to performance, particularly now that I'm well past the initial "I PR every time I set foot in the gym" stage. Not every day ends with a PR, but if I think positively, it can be an "I pushed myself further than I thought I could" or an "I learned something new" day, and that helps make the kind of cumulative difference I'm aiming for.

Today was Wendler deadlift back-off day:

5 @ 85
5 @ 105
5 @ 125

Then

3 rounds

10 DB power snatches (35 lb)
10 KB swings, American (1.5 pood)
10 pullups

Finished in 6:05. Grip was nearly gone toward the end, so the last round of pullups took about as long as the entire first round took me.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Yeah! Good job Sarah, you kicked my butt :)

Liz K said...

is that picture from stuart saves his family??? my sister and i used to love that movie!!!

anyway, i made ryan add a search to my blog!! thanks for the fantastic idea!!!

awesome job this weekend! good to see you!