Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wednesday was mostly a rest day: all I did was work on deadhang pullups. Did 4-2-2-2.

Today was another modified Stronglifts day:

Back Squat 3x5 (135 lb)
Overhead Press 3x5 (70 lb; 3-4-3)
Deadlift 1x5 (175 lb)

Decided to back off the weight a little for back squats and work on form. I kind of had a feeling today was going to be my first overhead press fail. I'll take another crack at 70 lb next time it comes up in the rotation. Deadlifts were surprisingly hard, probably in large part due to my core being tired by the time it was time to do them.

This evening, I had frisbee practice. Pretty short in terms of time and numbers, but I was glad to get out there and get some short sprints in. I then did 5 sets of 2 pullups with about 90 seconds rest in between before my shoulders called uncle.

No comments: