Monday, October 19, 2009

Mid-afternoon I worked on deadhang pullups:

3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1-1, trying to keep the breaks between sets as small as possible.

I've been frustrated by how hot and cold my pullup ability has been, so I'm going to try and grease the groove as much as I can without overdoing it on my shoulders. After doing the deadhangs, I then worked a little bit on the first part of the kipping pullup progression - swinging back and forth underneath the bar, making sure to employ my shoulders and not my hips to make the movement happen. Props to Again Faster's Mic'd Instructor videos for explaining the progression so well.

After class I did another modified Stronglifts:

Back Squat 3x5 (155 lb; 5-2-1)
Bench Press 3x5 (70 lb)
Power Clean 5x3 (70 lb)
GHD Situps 3x20

I was kind of bummed about failing on the back squats, but it had to happen sometime. The fact that I managed 8 reps on a weight that was 10 lb lower than my previous 1 rep max is probably a good sign, though. I'll probably deload a bit to work on form and work my way back up.

No comments: