Sunday, May 3, 2009

Inadvertent IF

Today was fun at the gym - after mandated double under work (100 doesn't seem so scary now that I've been working on them every day for two weeks) and some deadhang practice during warmups (I ended up getting 15, mostly in sets of 1s and 2s), the workout was as follows:

Shoulder Press: 1-1-1-1-1
Push Press: 3-3-3-3-3
Push Jerk: 5-5-5-5-5

I didn't really know where to start, since I haven't really gone heavy on these movements, but I ended up with the following numbers:

55-60-65-70-75(f)
65-70-75-85-95
75-90-95-100(f after 4)-65

Overall I was pleased, given that my shoulder felt good and I bested my last shoulder press PR of 55 by a good 15 pounds.

Nutrition was solid today. I ended up not eating until 1 pm, but I felt ok, so I just made sure to eat everything I should have eaten. I'd still like to lean out a little more, so I'm going to back down off of 1.5x fat for a few days.

1:00 - 3 whole eggs, handful onions, ketchup, medium apple, 24 almonds (3P, 2.5C, 8F)

3:15 - 2 1-oz buffalo trail sticks, 21 almonds (2P, 7F)

5:45 - 4.5 oz sauteed ground beef, 1 small cucumber, .5 medium tomato, 3 tsp olive oil (3P, 1.5C, 9F)

7:30 - 3 whole eggs, handful onions, ketchup, medium apple, 18 almonds (3P, 2.5C, 6F)

As you can plainly see, I am a creature of habit when it comes to food. Other than the ketchup, olive oil, and almonds, everything I ate today came straight from the farmer's market, so it's partially a matter of what I have on hand. Honestly, I also kind of like not having to think too much about what I'm going to eat at any given time.

1 comment:

Ryan P said...

your food log looks pretty good. Be careful dialing down the fat too much. A lot of people make the mistake of dialing down fat to lean out more and before they know it, their performance goes down, which has an even worse effect on body composition. Typically we recommend dropping a few carb blocks and replacing with fat if you want to lean out more. It looks like you've already dropped a few carb blocks. Also, you're looking pretty good on the paleo front, but the one thing that might hurt you is ketchup. Not sure what kind you're eating but most are filled with sugar or corn syrup which is no good!

Overall things look great though!