Monday, January 11, 2010

Sunday was a 24-hour shift day; no workout. Did stay Paleo, which I am proud of. Used 1 of my 2 alloted apples to wake myself up on a long run to southern Maryland when it looked like I would have to turn to caffeine. Even though we weren't busy at night, I didn't get a ton of sleep, and I had freelance work to finish today, so I didn't get to nap like I wanted. In any event, I came to the evening WOD, and after working a little bit on my kip swing, we did

Back Squat 5x3

I only had 4 true work sets: 135-145-150-150(2). The last failure was totally mental; my heart just wasn't in it.

We then did 8 alternating rounds of Tabata double unders and situps. I was pretty pleased with double unders this time around; even when I started to fatigue, I managed to at least string together 8-10 in a row each round. Total reps for both was 268; I'd say that a little over 100 were situps, so it looks like I averaged nearly 20 double unders per round. Yay! I've been feeling kind of discouraged about my progress lately, so seeing such quick improvement in double unders is nice to see.

No comments: