Monday, December 14, 2009

Wasn't feeling it on the way to the box today, but I'm glad I went in. Group warmup today, and WOD was

Find 1 RM Back Squat

Rest

3 rounds

1 min DU
30 sec rest
1 min box jumps
30 sec rest
1 min row
30 sec rest

I ended up with 170 lb on the back squat, which is a 10 lb PR! Props to Dan for pointing me toward an actual low bar position, which I think helped. Oddly enough, I feel like I maybe could have thrown 5 to 10 more on, but I'm happy with what I got considering my crappy mood before the WOD.

Met con was another matter. I ended up with 155, which is extremely low considering my rows were solid for me (even though the damn damper kept falling from 6 to 4) and I got about 20-24 box jumps per round. In retrospect, it would have been better for me to do single-double-single-double; I likely wasted a lot of time regrouping after each failed set (of which there were many).

No comments: