Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Post-Vacation Update

Ok, so we're back from what felt like a million-year vacation in Minnesota. Don't get me wrong - it was awesome, and in some spots physically challenging (4 days of canoeing and portaging around northern Minnesota isn't a piece of cake), but I'm happy to be home and get back into the swing of things.

So I took last Saturday and Sunday off, mostly because of Alex's brother's wedding. Monday through Thursday was then spent on our canoeing trip, which was a lot of rowing punctuated by short bursts of carrying a 70 pound canoe on my shoulders on sections of rocky trail. Good times. Anyhow, we got back on Thursday night, and on Friday immediately proceeded to Alex's family's cabin in the woods of Wisconsin. Did a mini-Cindy on Saturday, which consisted of:

10:00 AMRAP

1 ring pullup
10 pushups
15 squats

7 1/3 rounds

I wasn't pleased with my pullup performance, but what can I expect after basically a month and a half of inconsistent workouts, right? Alas. Today I was home and raring to go, and we did

4 rounds

400 m run
40 squats

12:49

I probably should have pushed myself harder, but overall I felt ok about it. I was really dreading the runs, and they weren't pretty, but it's all good. No more vacations in sight, work is all freelance for the moment, and class is under control, so I'll be around the gym much more consistently. Which is good, considering I signed up for the Level 1 Cert at the end of October! I have a goal of being able to do Fran as Rx'd by then, but that's a lot of pullups, so we'll see...

No comments: